Saturday, July 14, 2007

PSE Stock Picks for July 16

Hi fellow traders, it's time once again for our fearless forecasts! Let's start off with a safe pick.

MBT is one of the most liquid bank issues listed in the PSE. Unfortunately, they also move very slowly. Despite it being a normally slow mover, it has broken out of a symmetrical triangle and is now consolidating inside a smaller symmetrical triangle. It is currently knocking at heaven's door at 73.50. On breakout at 74, I expect an upside target of 81 for MBT.



Next up is one of the speculative plays. I know everyone wants the PWR.

"It's gettin', it's gettin', it's gettin' kinda hectic..." so the song goes.

After a long consolidation, PWR broke out last Wednesday and volume was significant. Thursday continued the run and it backed off the high on Friday. I immediately saw this has become a candidate for a very short play as it is now in the midst of creating a pennant. I'm expecting PWR to consolidate for one more day before breaking out giving me a resistance of 0.55. Therefore, breakout price is 0.56, with an upside target of 0.81.

When it does breakout, "I will attack and you don't want that."

I'll have this PWR...

No comments: